AIR POWER Compressed air engine
Designed in Italy, the AIR POWER engine presents an efficient and environmentally-friendly innovation: the first compressed-air propulsion high-performance technology.
SET ENERGIES offers a retrofit kit that allows existing vehicles such as vans, utility vehicles, trucks, etc. to be converted into “green” vehicles powered by compressed air.
- Air is a clean fuel
- No harmful hydrocarbon emission, no smoke, no fine particles
- Zero CO2 well-to-wheels level of emission
- Non-polluting efficiency: during a regular cycle, the vehicle sucks and filters the ambient air four times
- Helping in environmental cleanup: air expelled from the exhaust during the last stroke is cleaner than the ambient air
- Cleaner than any electric vehicle
- Trucks and pick-ups running only on compressed air
- Compressed-air generators converting mechanical energy into electrical energy
- consumption: there is an infinite source of air; air is less expensive than gasoline and/or diesel as it is abundant, accessible, readily captured, compressible, easy to transport and to store
- manufacturing: requires less components than a combustion or electric engine
- assembly: simpler to assemble than a combustion electric or hybrid engine
- maintenance: being reliable and rugged, this engine has lower risks of failure, does not need warmup, requires less maintenance than a traditional combustion engine, and is not affected by battery hot corrosion; the air tank lasts longer than batteries which degrade with each subsequent charging cycle.